Here are five key points from Bank Al-Maghrib (BAM) weekly indicators for the period from November 18 to 24:
– The dirham appreciated by 0.21% against the euro and depreciated by 0.67% against the US dollar.
– No auction operation has been carried out on the foreign exchange market.
– As of November 19, 2021, official reserve assets remained virtually unchanged from one week to the next at 321.7 billion dirhams. On a year-over-year basis, they increased by 9.9%.
– The overall outstanding amount of BAM interventions comes to 82.6 billion dirhams, of which 32.9 billion dirhams in the form of 7-day advances on call for tenders, 25.1 billion dirhams in the form of repo transactions delivered and 24, 6 MMDH within the framework of the support programs for the financing of the TPME.
– On the interbank market, the average daily volume of exchanges stood at 3.7 billion dirhams and the interbank rate during this period was 1.50% on average.
– On the stock market, Masi recorded an increase of 0.4%, bringing its performance since the start of the year to 18.2%.