Here are the main points of the national business environment policy covering the period from 2021 to 2025, adopted on Wednesday by the National Business Environment Committee (CNEA):
– The policy aims to develop an integrated strategic vision which intends to bring together favorable conditions for investors so that they can contribute to the creation of wealth in Morocco.
– Three pillars identified: improving the structural conditions of the business environment, simplifying companies’ access to the necessary resources and strengthening transparency, inclusion and cooperation between the public and private sectors.
– A total of 33 planned reform projects relating to the simplification of administrative procedures and the improvement of the legal and regulatory framework for business, payment deadlines and access to financing, infrastructure and public procurement. It also concerns the qualification of human capital, the strengthening of support mechanisms for businesses and the integration of the informal sector.
– The implementation of this policy will be flexible, insofar as its content will be updated when necessary. It will be based on governance mechanisms bringing together stakeholders from the public and private sectors, a determined roadmap and a system for evaluating achievements.
– A participatory approach marked all the stages of preparation of the national policy, going from the diagnosis of the main obstacles hindering the development of the national private sector until the phase of identification of the areas of reform and the priorities of the current situation , which relate to the way out of the crisis linked to the Covid-19 pandemic.