The second session of the Morocco-Cape Verde Joint Grand Commission was held on Tuesday in Rabat, under the co-chairmanship of the Minister of Foreign Affairs, African Cooperation and Moroccans Living Abroad, Nasser Bourita, and Cape Verdean Minister of Foreign Affairs, Cooperation and Regional Integration, Rui Alberto de Figueiredo Soares. Nine agreements were signed on this occasion.
These agreements relate to various areas of cooperation between the Kingdom of Morocco and the Republic of Cabo Verde.
Here is the list:
– Agreement for the Reciprocal Promotion and Protection of Investments: this agreement aims to strengthen economic cooperation, by creating favorable conditions for the realization of investments by investors of one of the parties in the territory of the other.
– Convention for the Elimination of Double Non-Duplication and the Prevention of Tax Evasion in Income Tax: this convention is part of the strengthening of economic relations between the two countries and aims to establish the legal bases to avoid double taxation and prevent tax evasion. It applies to persons who are residents of one or both Contracting States.
– Agreement relating to the Reciprocal Abolition of Visa for holders of ordinary Passports: this agreement aims to simplify the formalities relating to the movement of nationals of the two countries, it being specified that the duration of stay does not exceed 90 days from date of entry for holders of ordinary passports. However, this formality does not exempt them from the obligation to comply with the laws and regulations in force in the host country concerning the entry, stay and exit of foreigners, as well as the exercise of a gainful activity. , employee or liberal.
– Commercial Cooperation Memorandum of Understanding: this memorandum of understanding aims to promote and develop commercial cooperation between the two parties, through several areas of cooperation, in particular the exchange of information on commercial regulations, the exchange of expertise, participation in forums organized by both parties, etc.
– Framework Agreement for Cooperation in the field of Energy: this agreement aims to set up a framework for cooperation between the two parties in the fields of energy, electricity, new energies and renewables and energy efficiency. This cooperation between the two parties is based on mutual interest, equality and reciprocity, in order to achieve results that could have positive social, economic and environmental repercussions for both countries.
– Memorandum of Understanding in the fields of Housing and Sustainable Urban Development: this memorandum of understanding aims to promote and energize cooperation between the two countries, with a view to developing a mutually beneficial partnership in the fields of housing and urban management and to improve sustainable urban development policies, with the aim of strengthening the attractiveness and economic competitiveness of the two countries in this area, through the sharing of expertise and experience, the organization of meetings and seminars and the exchange of work assignments for the benefit of officials from both countries.
– Memorandum of Understanding in the fields of Youth and Women’s Activities: this memorandum of understanding establishes a general framework aimed at developing concrete proposals for action programs in the fields of Youth and Women between the two countries, based on mutual and reciprocal interest and this, through the annual exchanges of groups of young people to participate in discovery stays, international meetings and artistic festivals organized in each of the two countries, economic and social empowerment women and young girls, socio-educational and socio-professional activities and the promotion of women’s entrepreneurship, etc.
– Framework Agreement for Cooperation in the field of Vocational Training: this Agreement aims to set the overall framework for cooperation between the parties in the field of vocational training, by undertaking to strengthen cooperation which will cover several areas , including in particular the reservation of a quota of 60 educational places, spread over a period of 3 years at the rate of 20 places per year, from the start of the 2023-2024 school year, for the benefit of young Cabo Verdean trainees, in training in several levels and specialties, the training of administrative staff and techno-pedagogical supervision, the exchange of experiences, etc.
– Framework Cooperation Agreement relating to the granting of academic scholarships, internships and sharing of expertise: under this agreement, the two parties undertake to further promote their cooperation in the cultural, scientific, technical and socio-economic, as well as in sectors where such cooperation would prove appropriate, in particular through the exchange of students, the granting of scholarships, the organization of training and advanced training courses, the exchange experiences…etc. The Moroccan Agency for International Cooperation (AMCI) provides the Republic of Cabo Verde with an annual quota of 60 scholarships in the academic and technical fields.