The Minister of Higher Education, Abdellatif Miraoui, assured that the file of Moroccan students in Ukraine is the way to a definitive resolution. He has put forward July 2022 as a deadline.
Speaking this Tuesday before the advisers of the 2nd chamber, Miraoui specified that the competitions for access to universities and national schools will be organized just after Aid Al Adha.
In detail, the Minister noted that his department has adopted a number of measures following meetings held with the various parties concerned, in particular the parents of students and the directors of educational establishments.
It is, among other things, a question of:
– Consider the number of places that each higher education institution (medicine, pharmacy, dentistry, veterinary medicine and architecture) is able to absorb.
– Carry out a case-by-case study of the files of students in these same courses
– Subject students registered in the first year for any cycle or diploma to the same conditions of access to establishments as nationals
– Seek the support of public and private establishments recognized by the State to guarantee the success of this operation.
– Organize an N-1 competition for all students enrolled in level N training.
All these steps, he assured, will be accompanied by accompanying measures (languages, scientific terms, etc.) to enable students from Ukraine to successfully complete their studies in Moroccan establishments.
Asked about the criteria that will govern the distribution of students, Miraoui said that two main points will be taken into account, in compliance with the principle of law, namely the mark obtained by the student during the national competition, and the number of places available in each establishment.