King Mohammed VI chaired this Thursday, October 7 at the Royal Palace in Fez, the appointment ceremony of the members of the new government, chaired by Aziz Akhannouch.
Here is the composition of the new government:
-Aziz Akhannouch: Head of government.
– Abdelouafi Laftit: Minister of the Interior.
– Nasser Bourita: Minister of Foreign Affairs, African Cooperation and Moroccans living abroad.
– Abdellatif Ouahbi: Minister of Justice.
– Ahmed Toufiq: Minister of Habous and Islamic Affairs.
– Mohamed Hajoui: Secretary General of the Government.
– Nadia Fettah Alaoui, Minister of Economy and Finance
– Nizar Baraka, Minister of Equipment and Water
– Chakib Benmoussa: Minister of National Education, Preschool and Sports.
– Nabila Rmili: Minister of Health and Social Protection.
– Fatima Ezzahra El Mansouri: Minister of National Land Use Planning, Town Planning, Housing and City Policy.
– Mohamed Sadiki: Minister of Agriculture, Maritime Fisheries, Rural Development and Water and Forests.
– Younes Sekkouri: Minister of Economic Inclusion, Small Business, Employment and Skills.
– Ryad Mezzour: Minister of Industry and Trade.
– Fatim-Zahra Ammor: Minister of Tourism, Handicrafts and Social and Solidarity Economy.
– Abdellatif Miraoui: Minister of Higher Education, Scientific Research and Innovation.
– Leila Benali: Minister of Energy Transition and Sustainable Development.
– Mohamed Abdeljalil: Minister of Transport and Logistics.
– Mohamed Mehdi Bensaid: Minister of Youth, Culture and Communication.
– Aouatif Hayar: Minister of Solidarity, Social Integration and the Family.
– Abdellatif Loudiyi: Minister Delegate to the Head of Government responsible for the administration of National Defense.
– Mohcine Jazouli: Minister Delegate to the Head of Government in charge of Investment, Convergence and the Evaluation of Public Policies.
– Faouzi Lekjaa, Minister Delegate to the Minister of Economy and Finance, in charge of the Budget.
– Mustapha Baitas: Minister Delegate to the Head of Government in charge of Relations with Parliament, Government Spokesman
– Ghita Mezzour: Minister Delegate to the Head of Government in charge of Digital Transition and Administrative Reform.
The appointment of Secretaries of State in certain ministerial departments will subsequently be made.
On this occasion, the newly appointed members of the government were sworn in before HM the King.
At the end of this ceremony, the Sovereign, accompanied by Crown Prince Moulay El Hassan and Prince Moulay Rachid, posed for a souvenir photo with members of the new government team.
This ceremony also took place in the presence of the King’s chamberlain, Sidi Mohammed El Alaoui.