Below are echoes of the Arab Nations Cup, which is currently taking place in Qatar.
• The two players from the national B football team, Badr Banoun and Abdelilah Hafidi, lead the scorers rankings for the 10th edition of the Cup, tied with three other players.
Banoun and Hafidi are tied with Tunisian duo Firas Belarbi and Seifeddine Jaziri, as well as Algerian Baghdad Bounedjah, with two goals each.
• With an average of 2.4 goals per match, a total of 19 goals were scored on Matchday 2 of the Arab Nations Cup group stage, three goals less than Matchday 1 (22 goals) , bringing the number of goals in this competition to 41 goals (2.56 goals per game).
• Five players received a red card on Matchday 2 of the Arab Nations Cup group stage. The Tunisian Mohamed Ali Ben Romdhan against Syria, while the remaining four were awarded for the players playing in group D, namely the Sudanese Yasser Muzammil and Fares Abdullah against Egypt, the Algerian Houssam Eddine Marzik and the Lebanese Qassem Al Zine (Lebanon).
• Among the supporters present at the Arab Cup, the Moroccan public has so far recorded a distinguished presence in the stands through the distinctive diversity of colors and flags of Morocco hoisted by the supporters.
In the match against Jordan on Saturday, the encouragement of the Moroccan public was tremendous and matched the great performance of the Atlas Lions.
• On the occasion of the Arab Nations Cup, the coaches of the national teams are invited, for the first time, to give a statement after the end of the first period, like the World Cup, before the conference press conference which is usually held at the end of each meeting.