The Royal Moroccan Sports Shooting Federation (FRMTS) has announced the cancellation of the World Cup of shotgun shooting, scheduled for Rabat next February, in compliance with the measures taken by the Moroccan government to fight against the spread of the variant Omicron.
The decision to cancel the World Cup also comes “due to the impossibility of organizing this international event given the decision to suspend flights, which made the postponement of the World Cup a no-brainer”, said indicated the FRMTS in a statement received Saturday at the MAP.
The decision to cancel “was welcomed by the International Shooting Sport Federation (ISSF) given the need to take into consideration the changes in global health conditions imposed by the pandemic which are outside the control of the Royal Moroccan Federation. sports shooting, “said the Federation.
And to add that “another date will be agreed later to organize the Sport Shooting World Cup under better conditions, especially since this event coincides with the African Shooting Championship”.
“The FRMTS is currently in consultation with the International Sports Shooting Federation to take into account the agenda of international competitions and the intensive program for the months of February, March and April marked by the organization of several competitions in Egypt, Indonesia, in Cyprus and Russia, which will take place within the previously specified deadlines”, according to the same source.