Here are five key points of Bank Al-Maghrib (BAM) weekly indicators for the period from December 16 to 22, 2021:
– The dirham remained almost stable against the US dollar and depreciated by 0.20% against the euro;
– No offer was recorded in the context of the currency auctions organized by BAM;
– As of December 17, 2021, official reserve assets stood at 330.5 billion dirhams (billion dirhams), up 0.2% from one week to the next and 5.2% year-on-year;
– The overall outstanding amount of BAM interventions comes out at 83.3 billion dirhams, of which 35.4 billion dirhams in the form of 7-day advances on call for tenders, 22.7 billion dirhams in the form of repurchase transactions, 25 billion dirhams the framework of the financing support programs for the TPME and 100 million dirhams (MDH) for foreign exchange swap operations;
– On the interbank market, the average daily volume of trade stood at 2.4 billion dirhams and the interbank rate during this period was 1.5% on average.