A 14-year-old boy died suddenly after taking part in a viral TikTok challenge, eating what is said to be the spiciest chip in the world.
Harris Wolobah, a 10th grader, died the same day he took part in the trend known as the “One Chip Challenge,” his mother, Sarah Wolobah, told local news outlets.
The mother was called to school when Harris complained of abdominal pain after eating the dangerously spicy chip, which he had received from a classmate. The young teen felt better after going home, but he passed out at 4:30 p.m. as he was about to leave for basketball practice.
Harris’s death marks the first reported fatality after eating the chips, and many other children have needed medical attention after eating them.